7/30/12

Serving


Serving. I googled it because that is the best I could come up with this afternoon. Expecting to see pictures of waitresses and the such I was surprised that the second picture in my search was this; serving. I love it! The imagery, the meaning and the way I needed God to use it to speak to my heart.

I just took a course on leadership and the biggest lesson I learned was this quote I am summing it up of course but it went something like this; "I am not a person who does kind things, I am kind! I am not someone who does serving things, I am a servant." To become a servant like my Jesus is usually the goal hear on earth but I think I have spent useless time on kind & serving things without actually becoming a kind servant. Humbling for me I tell you!

We've been helping out a difficult lady lately and I have been wondering "How can you be so ungrateful? You are so hard to serve" it is in moments like these that I am reminded that it has nothing to do with me or how the other person behaves but that I am a servant and I shall do what is required of me; to serve. To serve all; the nice, the humble, the bitter, the injured, the old, the young, the mentally challenged, the well, the orphan, the ungrateful, the repentant, the unrepentant, ALL.

Let that soak in, it's doing a number on me. I don't get to choose who I will serve it has already been chosen for me through the sacrifice of my Saviour "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

I have been blessed and will be blessed to serve all/everyone Christ died for, to die to myself daily and become the kind servant I was meant to be not this "person who does kind & serving things from time to time"

Bless you.

1 comment:

ElleBelle said...

nice. thank you. i can apply that to all sorts of things: I am not doing loving things, I am a lover. I am not having patience, I AM patient. GOOD lesson for us all!