7/18/09

Wilderness camp..

I am off tomorrow after church for a week long adventure with about 20 of our youth and the wilderness. It is the church summer camp when we spend a week doing nothing more than roughing it, cooking on open fire and singing. .. Well I hope we will be singing..

Tonight I wrestled with my hiking backpack to get it all in, got it all together and reminded myself "it does all fit you've done this before!" - discovered that the "new" thermorest I was given might have a slow leak so I am quite nervous about sleeping on a leaky matress for a week..hmm..discovered this house has no batteries and that I am exhausted!

It will be interesting - this week of random fun crazy tiring and I am sure frustrating events but God is in it. And this verse keeps running through my mind :

"Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her." Hosea 2:14 -- thanks Steve Kaack

In the King James it says "wilderness in place of desert" appropriate I thought!

No comments: